Sunday 21 October 2012

The Junction. Oh! What a night!

Despite the onset of what's commonly known as freshers flu (thanks. You know who you are!) setting in on Thursday night, I managed to ward off sniffles and an insanely dry throat for the Friday show at The Junction.

Adding another 8 new tracks - last minute - was always going to be a risk, but why play safe when you've got a new Bond theme to sing.

Thank you, Adele.  You brought this song out at exactly the right time.


I opened the show donning my ridiculously impractical let's-not-go-there new glitter black heels and my mum's designer headpiece creation that incidentally, takes precedence on my head.  Nothing can possibly out-do the glamour of it.

I had some great feedback from The Junction's customers, all reinforcing exactly what I needed to know...more Etta James, keep singing Paloma and a thumbs up for my Amy Winehouse renditions.  Skyfall went down excellently with the crowd.

Feedback is massively important to me.  Don't like a song?  Tell me.  I want to know.  But tell me why, so I can take a look at where you think I went wrong.  Like one of my songs?  Tell me that too so I can sing more like it!  All feedback from Friday night was really positive and everyone left with big smiles.  Customers who'd popped in after work decided to stay longer to hear the second set.  That's always a nice feeling, knowing that someone's enjoying you so much that they're parting with some of their weekend to relax with you.

I was asked by a couple 'where are you next performing, we want to come and see you' and another couple asked me where I'm performing on New Years Eve.  Well, keep your eyes peeled because I'm not too sure yet but as soon as I know, you'll be the first to hear!

The weekend's been a good rest time, getting my voice back with the help of honey and lemon (oh yes, the cold swallowed my voice up by Saturday morning) and now I'm ready to get recording some new material for Penwith Radio, Redruth Radio and Pirate FM.

All in all, a fab night, lots of fun and lots of giggles too.  Emm and Lee are fantastic landlords and have a great crowd of locals.

Once again, a great big thank you goes to The Junction and the locals!

No comments:

Post a Comment